White sparkling teeth is the only way a smile can be bright and beautiful. A yellow-coloured smile can be a big turn-off and the best option is to go for teeth whitening.
Teeth get yellow-coloured over time from the long years of drinking cola, tea, and coffee. Desiring to have the teeth become white again is with us all.
Yet, people’s teeth have different colours just like skin and hair colour. Some teeth turn yellow from the inevitable aging while some are naturally yellow-coloured.
Whether you have naturally yellow-coloured teeth or not, teeth whitening Hervey Bay is the best way to go for a brighter smile.
Factors affecting natural teeth colour
Many factors affect the natural colour of teeth, to include:
- Teeth trauma that can discolour and turn them into a gray, black or brown colour
- Childhood treatment involving the antibiotic tetracycline
- The natural result brought by aging
- Tartar and plaque deposit accumulation
- Drinking red wine, coffee, colas or tea
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Too much fluoride ingestion during early teeth formation
- Eating foods rich in pigments such as blueberries and cherries
Top-most Reasons for Teeth Whitening
A lot of reasons can make you decide to have your teeth whitened. Some of them include:
- Having a great smile is the quickest way to elevate your self-esteem and confidence
- White teeth can make you look youthful
- Having white teeth can work great for special milestones such as a class reunion, your wedding day or going in for a life-changing job interview
- A great smile is always impressive
- To eliminate the ravages brought on by years of yellowing and staining
Varied Ways to Whiten Teeth
There are varied options to make that smile look great again. Some of the best methods to add in your usual oral hygiene regimen include:
- Arrange a teeth whitening treatment with your dentist
- Use a whitening mouthwash or toothpaste
- Try out whitening home treatments such as trays, pens or strips
Steps to do after Teeth Whitening
Often, whitening can make teeth extra-sensitive. Reducing the pain brought on by whitening includes:
- Using tubes of toothpaste that are specially formulated and designed for sensitive teeth and gums. The inclusion of potassium nitrate in sensitive tubes of toothpaste can help relieve the pain of sensitive teeth and gums.
- It has been found that the act of chewing gum may help distract your mind from the pain. Additionally, chewing gum can also produce more saliva to help alleviate teeth and gum sensitivity.
- Stop the use of whitening products for a longer period. Give your teeth the rest it needs by temporarily stopping the use of whitening products.
Steps to Avoid Teeth Discoloration after Teeth Whitening
Here are a few steps to do if you want to avoid teeth discoloration after teeth whitening:
- Stay away from pigment-rich beverages and food. Food and drinks that are likely to cause teeth discoloration, to include:
- Tomato sauce
- Hard candy
- Sports drinks
- Red wine
- Cola drinks
- Drinking from a straw can help to keep the stain away from your teeth
- If you stop smoking you will not only get your health back, your teeth will also benefit from it.
Whiter teeth can make your smile bright and confident all the time. Get teeth whitening from Master Dental and Denture, and bring the shine back to your smile.